Saturday, May 1, 2010

I woke to find that the video I was uploading at 3:30 am had failed to load properly. With only 3.5 hours sleep, I'm trying again. It's a bit frustrating. We don't know why the Internet sometimes just cuts out. I have to remind myself that, in fact, up until a few months ago we still had dial-up and there would be no uploading of videos at all with that method of connectivity.

The video I'm trying to upload is called "And the World Shall Dance". I spent a couple of days looking for videos of traditional dances from around the world. As I watched, I wondered why dance is so embedded in virtually every culture. It's as though we are born to dance. Rhythm is the pulse of our lives and we are compelled to dance for joy and sorrow, to give thanks and to commune with the dead. The Universe itself is eternally in motion, dancing itself into existence as its continued expansion creates space and time. As microcosms of All That Is, we have no choice but to Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment